I recently, found a recipe posted on Buzzfeed for Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Pork Sliders and decided to modify a few things to make honey garlic chicken and rice. What I LOVED about this recipe is everything tastes delicious when mixed together. The honey garlic chicken and coleslaw just bursts with such a unique flavor! ALSO it won’t make you feel guilty for spending money eating out and/or eating unhealthy. Please. Go and make this. This has become another Seriously Good Vibes favorite. Let us know how it turns out!
Chicken and sauce:
4 chicken breasts – cubed
5 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon paprika
¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
¼ cup lime juice
Salt to taste (optional)
Pepper to taste
1 white onion
2 tbsp olive oil (for carmelizing onions)
2 cups shredded cabbage and carrots
Cilantro- Small handful, chopped
¼ cup Olive Oil Mayo
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
½ tablespoon honey
Salt and pepper to taste
- In small mixing bowl, combine the honey, garlic, mustard, paprika, soy sauce, lime juice and pepper. Add salt if you desire. I didn’t because the soy sauce has a lot of salt, so add with caution.
- Take sliced onions and carmelize in the pan with olive oil.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the cubed chicken and allow to cook for about 5 mins. Stirring occasionally.
- Add the sauce to the chicken making sure all the chicken is coated.
- Cook on medium heat and cover. Lift lid and stir occasionally.
- When the chicken is cooked through, there will be juice remaining in the pan. You will want to cook this down to thicken. Remove the lid and turn heat up to medium high, bringing the juice to a boil. Stir occasionally.
- Once sauce is thick, your chicken is done.
- In a small bowl add cabbage, carrot and cilantro.
- Add mayo, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper to vegetables and mix.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator if not eating immediately.
I made this recipe with brown rice, but it will also go good with broccoli, white rice, or quinoa. Enjoy!!